I purchased BNB and wanted to move it to Binance Smart Chain to do some experimenting. Using Binance.us creates some friction, and it’s not very straightforward. However, I found a way to do it. Here are the steps:
Purchase BNB (obviously)
Download Trust Wallet
- You can get that here for your favorite OS: https://trustwallet.com/
- Once you download Trust Wallet, you’ll need to create a new wallet. As always, backup that seed phrase somewhere safe.
- This created a BNB wallet for me when it first opened, but if you don’t see it, it’s as easy as turning on another wallet.
- Transfer your BNB from Binance to the wallet you created with Trust Wallet. Tap “receive” at the top, select the wallet you want to use (in this case, BNB). This will display your wallet address.
- Head to Binance, go to Wallet > Withdrawal.
- Select BNB
- Copy and paste your the wallet address from your Trust Wallet app to this screen. If there’s a memo required, add it.
- Transfer. (Keep in mind there will be a cost in BNB to do the transfer.)
Moving BNB to Binance Smart Chain (BSC)
- Once you see the BNB hit your wallet, you can do a quick change in Trust Wallet to switch this over to BSC.
- Open your BNB wallet.
- Click “More” – you’ll get a prompt for “Swap to Smart Chain”
- Click that, and it will offer up a dialog box to switch from BNB to BNB on Binance Smart Chain.
- Input how much you want to swap over to BSC and confirm. There will be a fee in BNB to do this.